I3DL™ Module 1: Introduction to 3D printing
At a glance
Today, you can print almost every thing with 3D printers, from game figures and food all the way to functional tools, optical parts and entire houses. In this Module (M1), you will learn how 3D printers work, what applications are possible or not, and what are the overall procedure to do it.
You also learn about the State of the Art technologies, and overview of the best systems currently available in the market. Finally you will learn the important facts regarding Intellectual Property Rights, Patents, Trademarks, etc.
The Module also includes multiple videos, live demonstrations and hands-on workshops on 3D Printers.
Structure and Duration
20 Learning Units, including
- 8 Learning Units (Lecture, Seminar)
- 12 Units (Offline Learning, E-Learning, Exercises, Homework and Project)
Content and Syllabus
M1.1: Overview, process, application examples and trends in 3D Printing
M1.2: Tools for creating a 3D model: free, open source and commercial software, internet source
M1.3: The process from the design to the ready-to-print file and the tools
M1.4: State of the art: Additive manufacturing process and rapid prototyping technologies
M1.5: Comparison of 3D Printers in market, requirements, advantages, price-performance comparison
M1.6: Hype, reality and market opportunities
M1.7: State of Patents and IP Law in 3D Printing
M1.10: 3D printing practice
Who should attend?
Module 1 is the introductory course on 3D Printing. It is a Must-Have for all 3D Printing Users, Professional and trainers.
- general knowledge of working with computer and internet (Optional)
- Basic level of understanding English (B1; Optional)
- Companies and Professionals who want to adopt 3D Tech and related know-how
- Tech Makers, Jewelry makers, Designers and Artists
- Owners of 3D Printers who want to optimize their 3D print results
- Consumers who plan to purchase a 3D printer, and require acquisition and decision making supports
- Academic researchers who want to equip their lab facilities with custom parts, tools and systems
- Start-up Entrepreneurs, Trainers and graduates are looking for the new profession and attractive career options
- Trainees and students who have already completed computer / computer training, and seed specialization
- University Professors, Teachers, Instructors, Technology Trainers, and Lab Technicians
- Those interested in a Professional Certification on 3D Printing
This Module is offered online and in multiple countries, coordinated by accredited I3DL Organizers.
Registration fees ranging from 120 EUR to 980 EUR, depending on the Location and the number of workshop participants.
For latest information about I3DL Courses in your region, please contact us.
Interested in this Module?