I3DL™ – International 3D Printing Driving Licence is the first and only comprehensive Certifying program on 3D Technologies, i.e. 3D Printing, 3D Scanning, 3D Modeling, Computer Aided Engineering and related technologies.
I3DL™ is dedicated to raise technology awareness and technical skill standards in the academia and industries as well as in whole society. I3DL™ Certification programs enable individuals and organizations to systematically assess, acquire, develop and certify their expertise in the use of 3D Technologies. This includes topics such as Computer Aided Rapid Manufacturing Systems including 3D Printers, 3D Scanners, Computer Aided Design and Engineering Tools including CAD Software, Virtual Experimentation Tools, Computer Simulation Tools and related future and emerging technologies known as new Technology revolution or Industry 4.0.
History of I3DL™
I3DL™ Program has been developed by ZAMSTEC, as a results of over 5 years development in collaboration and partnership with several European Partners. It has been successfully offered for the first time in 2015 in Europe (in English and German Languages) and from early 2017 is available worldwide.
I3DL™ Education Concept
I3DL is totally compatible with the concept of 3rd Generation University. Major elements of this concept includes
- Interactive Training
- Practical and industrial Projects
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Research & Development
- Globally recognized
I3DL™ is the language of new technology revolutionIn the new technology revolution the I3DL™ is just as important as an MBA Certification for successful Business Owners, and it is as vital as speaking the Language of the society you live in. You should also Join the I3DL™ Community and enjoy the taste of success with new Technology revolution.
I3DL Target groups
- Companies and Professionals who want to adopt 3D Tech and related know-how
- Tech Makers, Jewelry makers, Designers and Artists
- Owners of 3D Printers who want to optimize their 3D print results
- Consumers who plan to purchase a 3D printer, and require acquisition and decision making supports
- Academic researchers who want to equip their lab facilities with custom parts, tools and systems
- Start-up Entrepreneurs, Trainers and graduates are looking for the new profession and attractive career options
- Trainees and students who have already completed computer / computer training, and seed specialization
- University Professors, Teachers, Instructors, Technology Trainers, and Lab Technicians
- Those interested in a Professional Certification on 3D Printing
ECTS is the European Currency in Education.
1 I3DL Module = 1 ECTS
I3DL Modules are compatible with European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). Every I3DL Module is equivalent with 1 ECTS, i.e. it includes 20 unit hours of Learning, plus additional 5 to 10 hours of practice and self learning, which brings it to a sum of 25 to 30 hours of workload (1 Unit is effectively equivalent to 40 to 45 Minutes of Learning, and 15 minutes break).
According to ECTS Standards, One academic year corresponds to 60 ECTS credits that are normally equivalent to 1500–1800 hours of total workload, irrespective of standard or qualification type.
Universities and Higher Education Institute may contact I3DL to organize a credit transfer supported by further details regarding the course contents and evaluation criteria.
Students attending I3DL courses and wish to transfer the credits to a study program, should contact their universities to check whether or how their university or study programs accepts equivalent ECTS units.
See the detailed Introductory Video / Presentation on I3DL: